Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Booking Domestic Flights In Nepal

So with just 4 days left to go before we head to Nepal we figured we would attempt a ride on the "booking Nepali domestic flights rodeo"... turns out... you can actually come up with a win.

After reading countless complaints all over the internet I finally decided to give Tara Airways a go. The website was very straight-forward. I selected my route and date and then... nothing... no payment window... just a message saying that "someone will be in contact with you soon". I was trying to book flights from Khatmandu (KHT) to Lukla (LUA).

Three days later I get an email telling me that flights are going to cost me $207 each and I have to send them the following:
  • Front and back scans of my credit card.
  • Scans of our passports.
  • A signed / scanned copy of a form (which contained my name, DOB, fathers name, address, place of birth, passport details, credit card details and a heap of other random information about me... almost to the point where they were asking my favorite colour!). I got a bit nervous at this point... they basically would know more about me than my own family.
...but then I threw wisdom to the wind and sent them everything. 24 hours later I had my e-tickets in the mail. Nice. I beat the rodeo... now I just have to pray that the rodeo doesn't beat me back by stealing my credit card and leaving me stranded with no cash.

I'll take it as a win for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment